Het Concertgebouw wants to provide you with the best possible service when you visit our website. Therefore, in certain cases, we must process your information. Het Concertgebouw takes your privacy very seriously and treats your information with the utmost care and in accordance with the applicable privacy laws and regulations.
For which purposes does Het Concertgebouw process my personal data?
Het Concertgebouw – and, if applicable, partners that organise concerts in Het Concertgebouw – use(s) the personal data provided by you at the time of purchase at the cash desk, via the telephone or via the website, for the following purposes:
- to organise an event;
- to carry out and/or process transactions (payments) submitted via the website;
- to create and maintain your Concertgebouw account;
- to send newsletters, brochures, and magazines;
- to be able to provide you with targeted news concerning Het Concertgebouw, interesting offers and products or services (unless you have a registered opt-out);
- to conduct customer satisfaction surveys;
- to analyse your details on our website and on external websites such as social media platforms to display advertisements that are better suited to your personal preferences and interests.
Het Concertgebouw is also active on social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, and Instagram. If you contact Het Concertgebouw via social media, we will process your details for the following purposes:
- To be able to answer the questions that you ask via social media;
- To contact you if you are taking part in a promotion on one of Het Concertgebouw's social media pages. We refer to the relevant promotion's terms and conditions for the details of the promotion.
Which personal data does Het Concertgebouw process relating to me?
We only process the data that is required for the above purposes. This includes details like your name, address, town/city, tickets purchased, etc. You may submit a request to consult your file if you want a complete overview of the data that pertains to you (please see below).
How long does Het Concertgebouw retain my personal data?
Het Concertgebouw will not retain your personal data for longer than strictly necessary to accomplish the processing purposes. If you have not attended a concert, or otherwise purchased a product or service from Het Concertgebouw in the current season and in the 4 previous seasons (a season runs from 1 July to 30 June the following year), the information that was received will be anonymised in our systems. After this period, such data will only be used in an anonymised manner, for statistical purposes.
Is my personal data properly secured?
Yes, in accordance with the requirements set out in the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), Het Concertgebouw will ensure an adequate and appropriate level of security to prevent unauthorised processing of your personal data.
You have the right to ask Het Concertgebouw for access to your personal data, and to have this data supplemented, corrected, or deleted. Contact us via email@example.com to exercise this right. Het Concertgebouw will respond to your request within four weeks. Het Concertgebouw strives to implement the change within 14 business days in the event of a decision to improve, supplement, delete and/or block personal data.
Yes, Het Concertgebouw places several cookies on your computer. Cookies are small text files that your browser stores on your computer when you visit our website. Cookies cannot spread viruses. These cookies serve several purposes:
- To save your wish list and shopping basket on our website
- To optimise our services and website
- To provide you with targeted information on interesting offers and products or services
How do I change my cookie settings?